Topic: wireless card in chillispot

I have successfully installed Chillispot in Fedora 10 using two ethernet cards, eth0 and eth1.  What I really want to do is intall with only one ethernet (WAN) and one wireless (LAN) (wlan0).  My chilli.config file is the same as the two ethernet card setup except I changed dhcpif from eth1 to wlan0.

It does not work.

Has anyone tried this?  I see many examples of a 3 card setup where eth1 is bridged to wlan0 but I want to eventually setup in a dedicated PC baord that only has one ethernet and one wireless.

Has anyone done this?  I read it is possible in Kamikazi but need to get to work in my Fedora box.

Here is the ifcfg-wlan file I use

device=WLAN0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none3
TYPE=wireless
USERCTL=yes
PEERDNS=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NMCONTROLLED=no
ESSID=chillispotAP
MODE=master
RATE=auto
CHANNEL=6
HWADDR=00:1C:2A:4D:30:12

suggestions appreciated.

Re: wireless card in chillispot

I should add that a wirless client does not see the ESSID.  Further, the wireless card does not start and reboot but it does start when I restart Chilli.

Read about a daemon for access points using Prism cards.  Is there somthing like this for Fedora and Atheros Cards, which I am using.

3 (edited by summersane 2015-12-08 07:53:51)

Re: wireless card in chillispot

I am interested in this topic and would like to find out some more information as my friend need information on this topic. Do you have any other articles about this?

Besttotalcare.com