Topic: Calling chillispot to auth machine access

Hi. We've been using Chillispot for years for our public Internet access (we're a public institution giving free Internet access to our citizens) and it's always been great.
Now we'd like to find a way to limit the time a user can be logged in into a Linux machine. The idea would be to login into the machine using chillispot (using radlogin or something else, for example) in order to have the session-timeout and to have a unique point of management for users. At the end of the time, a script should be disconnecting the user, maybe killing the X server or so. No problems for the scripts and so, but I don't know how to make chillispot manage the machine login.
I think (but I might be wrong) I must do something from the login.radius script but...what?
Using radlogin I'm able to make users login, now I'd need to:
pass this information to chillispot and
know the session-timeout to setup the kill script.
Any idea? Thank you very much.

Re: Calling chillispot to auth machine access

dmkhn wrote:

maybe just watch log-file /var/log/user.log and when user login in just add some command for logout to 'at' daemon?..

Thank you for the suggestion. This is a good "workaround" idea but it requires users to login again to chillispot. I'd love to try to centralize the control. More, we have different classes of users with different timeouts. Chillispot is already able to manage them.

Re: Calling chillispot to auth machine access

dmkhn wrote:

chilli has parameter like this:

--conup script
Script executed after a user has been authenticated. Executed with the following parameters: <devicename> <ip address> <mask> <user ip address> <user mac address> <filter ID>

maybe it can be used...

Yes, that can be surely used. And it's a good start, thank you.
Is there a way to auth to chilli without having to use the web interface?