Topic: key.chillispot.info

Could someone be so kind as to show how to host the exit/logout function on one's own server? I have a .htaccess file that I setup to redirect, but if anything else is punched in the browser it goes to my domain. It seems that somehow key.chillispot.info only looks for certain key words and if anything else is entered into the browser it goes to a search engine instead of the main chillispot website.

Thanks

Re: key.chillispot.info

Does anyone still visit this forum? All I would like to do is host the file that allows exit and logout on my own server and have it work just like key.chillispot.info. I can't seem to find any info on this and don't understand why it seems to be such a secret.

I figure atleast the person running this site would know... since we are told to use key.chillispot.info. I mean I kinda understand how it works and have it basically working already with a .htaccess file hosted on my server. When the user types exit or logout in the address bar it does some magic and via the .htaccess redirects the user to 1.1.1.1 or whatever I have it set to. The problem is if anything else is typed in the address bar it goes to the main webpage of my domain, this is not what I want it to do. I would rather anything that is not exit or logout be directed to google or something like that.

I mean if I type anything else with stock chillispot it doesn't go to chillispot.info or whatever, so I'm just trying to duplicate that to host on my own site.

Thanks

I have implemented an exit server for my purpose but I can't redirect my dd-wrt to my server it still redirect to exit.chillispot.info and so call 1.1.1.1 and exit doesn't work.

Ciao Carlo

foxtroop11 wrote:

Could someone be so kind as to show how to host the exit/logout function on one's own server? I have a .htaccess file that I setup to redirect, but if anything else is punched in the browser it goes to my domain. It seems that somehow key.chillispot.info only looks for certain key words and if anything else is entered into the browser it goes to a search engine instead of the main chillispot website.

Thanks

You must register a 3rd level domain like exit.mydomain.com.

If you like I can give you, in private, the reference to my server who do it, exit.myserver.it >> 192.168.182.1:3990/logout

it works like key.chillispot.info

may be that together we can won this match.

Ciao Carlo

6 (edited by carlomm 2010-09-27 19:08:46)

I do it but it's ignored.

Just a question, into ssh terminal I connect to wrt54gl at prompt I input chilli but I receive this error

chillispot: Error opening configuration file '/etc/chilli.conf'

my etc file is into /tmp not /etc or /tmp/etc

this is my chilli.conf

radiusserver1 93.62.xxx.xxx
radiusserver2 93.62.xxx.xxx
radiussecret mysecret
dhcpif eth1
uamserver https://93.62.xxx.xxx/hotspotlogin.php
uamsecret mysecret
uamallowed exit.mydomain.it,mydomain.it
net 192.168.182.0/24
macauth
radiusnasid WgestDemo
interval 20
uamhomepage=http://93.62.205.181/provapredirect.htm
domain mydomain.it

I added the last line into dd-wrt interface, "Additional Chillispot Options" section

Fixed.

I purged the Firefox's cache and now exit works fine.

Carlo and to everyone else -

I have this working with some .htaccess file, but what I'm asking is how do you prevent any other word then exit/logout from redirecting to the exit server. I don't understand why it's a big secret how key.chillispot.info does it. What happens if this or that site goes away? Then what, all firmware doesn't allow this function to work. So all i ask is that someone shares the way to setup one's own server to work just the same.

I can make coovachilli or chilli redirect all day long to my exit/logout server, but the moment someone types any other word in the browser it to redirects to the domain I use and I don't want people looking at it - i would rather if any other word is entered it just redirect to google for example.