Topic: Cross Compiling for MIPS - RTL8186

HI i am currently trying to cross compile chillispot for mips firmware using /gcc333 - lexra-nnop-v5 cross compiler,

i can build firmware for my 2mb flash 16mb ram device and i can even make them run with 8mb ram but its a little tight.

does anyone have sources for chillispot for MIPS hardware or DIFFS to help me on my way, ill release the code back to the public once ive got it working.

Re: Cross Compiling for MIPS - RTL8186

maybe this?

https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/net/chillispot/

izn

izn wrote:

maybe this?

https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/net/chillispot/

izn

I found them just after posting  last night, the patches apply ok, but im still building intel x86 binary's and cant make sense of the chillispot configure command, ive tried doing ./configure  --host=mips

i would just love to use openwrt on my firmware but its not supported yet, so im using edimax-sources for the RTL8186 AP/ Router hardware

im still getting x86 bin's ill not give up yet - got olsrd in there now and working. . patitents and time is all thats needed.

i compiled this once with the openwrt sdk..

i did it, it just involved this line

./configure --build=pentium3-pc-linux-gnu --host=mips-linux CC=mips-uclibc-gcc 2>&1 | tee config.log

ive now got an RTL8186 based AP with 2mb flash and either 8 or 16mb ram running chillispot and olsrd wink

sweet, havent tried olsrd yet, only routing deamons like bgp..

i want zebra, olsrd and chillispot on 2mb flash, have option of 32mbF 128mbR wifi solution, just waiting on hardware now  - i want , am developing it with radius involved! let the device get its config from remote server while becoming part of the network.

i can flash so far many (4) devices with RTL8186 buildroot, ill upload sources soon, with 3-5 buildroots.
the devices have 2mb flash and 8-16mb ram so far, tempted with Belkins offering of OSS smile they give 3 buildroots, and 2 tool chains extra wink

have buildroot for Belkin , realtek, arm, mips

my belkin is 4mbF/32mbR wink 802.11N1 device with 3 MPAX antenna diepoles - its Intel IXP425 wink im looking forward to fun

Belkin have GPL Code on their web for their latest PreN Devices with 32F, 128R now and im working on an image, will need a central server for radius/sql but with the aid of daloradius i think this is possible. ill be offering a solution on my servers soon. keep your eyes open for what happens in June 2008

Regards