Topic: <=- ONE ODD PROBLEM -=>

Dear All

We(An ISP) have already established PPPoe internet connection on FreeBSD server and have many users.

We want our users to view our web site very first time of their web cruzing progress.
Our users must use the browser normally from the second http request.

So we dont need user authentication in ChilliSPot.
We only need the redirecting function on the freebsd which is also running the PPPoe.

I have installed ChilliSpot on FreeBSD, using some source code error changing(like: adding logical ||).

But I dont know how to configure Chilli and How to execute Chilli.

I have tried to run (/usr/local/sbin/./chilli) in foreground mode and in background mode.

But I have not changed my current config files yet. (rc.conf, chilli.conf, rc.firewall etc)

Please help me what should I do to achieve the solution for my problem?
(I am really a new bie to FreeBSD and pppoe.)

Thanx for your concern

Re: <=- ONE ODD PROBLEM -=>

You would like the first web page that opens to redirect to your own local/public
website address to your choosing, and after that browsing the Internet is done
without interruption?

I'm not sure Chilli is a good idea here because it's based on authentication and you already
rejected that.

It should be fairly common to come up with a simple server program that does that maybe by identifying
clients by their IP address or something common as that. Also consider looking at Squid for as a web proxy
which might have an add-on module/functionality to perform what you are looking for.

Regards,
Liran Tal.

liri wrote:

You would like the first web page that opens to redirect to your own local/public
website address to your choosing, and after that browsing the Internet is done
without interruption?

I'm not sure Chilli is a good idea here because it's based on authentication and you already
rejected that.

It should be fairly common to come up with a simple server program that does that maybe by identifying
clients by their IP address or something common as that. Also consider looking at Squid for as a web proxy
which might have an add-on module/functionality to perform what you are looking for.

Regards,
Liran Tal.

Dear Liran Tal

Thank you very much and I understand what you have told.

But I am afraid I not so pro as you think I am.
Maybe I should learn a lot, before I solve my problem. But that the time is not waiting .... sad

Regards Usukhabayar

I'm unaware of a project which currently answers this exact need but possibly you could
replace this need with another - constantly displaying a frame in the top window of the
user browser with your ads/website content page.

For that some solutions already exist.
I'd be happy to give you another hand in setting this up.

Regards,
Liran Tal.

If you can configure it, please help me of it????

If you decided you want to go with the constant frame search the forums
(as well as coova's forums) for privoxy.

Useful resource: http://coova.org/wiki/index.php/CoovaAP/OpenWrtPackages

Regards,
Liran Tal.