Topic: External Radius Issue

Hi everyone.

Im trying to setup a Wifi hotspot.

So far...

*I have a WRT54G v2.0 with OpenWrt @ 10.10.10.1
*Ive installed and setup chillispot (which is working properly assigning IP's to Wifi connections)
*I have an external Ubuntu Server 8 @ 10.10.10.199 (Connected to LAN1 on WRT54G)
*Freeradius is installed and appears to be working listening on 1812 1813 and 1814 for authenticating
*MySQL is comunicating with Freeradius and I have sucessfuly tested a user against authentication (from a file off the same machine)
*I have also installed PHPMyPrepaid and have it working properly also
The internet signal is fed into the WAN of the WRT54G

Problem is: All Wifi connections time-out or cannot connect to the server @ 10.10.10.199 but they can ping each other. There is no freeradius activity.
Ive tried a few firewall settings but I cant seem to get the system to work together.

Is there anyway to get this working or is there another road I can take? What information can I provide for more assistance?

Thanks ahead of time.

Re: External Radius Issue

Hey datawest,

You should start with checking that your FreeRADIUS server is starting up ok and waiting for requests,
then check connectivity to it from the openwrt box, simply ping it and see that it is ok.

The fact that wifi connections time out can be for a number of reasons and there should be no
communication between the wifi clients and the radius server directly.

If you require more specific assistance (logging in and taking a look) you may contact
me directly at liran dot tal at gmail dot com

Regards,
Liran Tal.