Topic: chillispot fails to log in valid users

I have been working on a chillispot  Hotspot for close to two weeks. I have jumped many hoops but this one. When i try to log in a valid radius user into chillispot i get a failure message.

I have tried to run:

#  chilli -f -d

and it prints

ChilliSpot version 1.0 started.
chillispot[11283]: ChilliSpot 1.0. Copyright 2002-2005 Mondru AB. Licensed under GPL. See http://www.chillispot.org for credits.
chillispot[11283]: redir.c: 524: UAM port already in use. Waiting for retry.
chillispot[11283]: redir.c: 532: 98 (Address already in use) bind() failed
chillispot[11283]: chilli.c: 3558: Failed to create redir

Are there any other tests i can do to come up with the real course of the failure (if the above is not enough)?

I run my chilli and radius server in the same ubuntu box.

Thank you in advance for your help

Re: chillispot fails to log in valid users

what is happening on the freeradius side?
show us some debugging info.

Regards,
Liran Tal.

Re: chillispot fails to log in valid users

"chillispot[11283]: redir.c: 524: UAM port already in use. Waiting for retry." simply means chilli is already running. If you were to do a killall chilli before this command you would receive different results ie. you cant start chilli in debug mode because its already running (not that chilli's debug ever offers any useful info anyways).

And I would have to agree with Ilrl. Chilli has very little to do with logins. It simply forwards your information to the radius server and waits for the go ahead message. The radius configuration can be rather complicated. Seeing as your post is most likely dead I'm not going to spend time finding a chilli radius configuration guide on the web. Regardless, the configuration supplied with the webserver/radius debian install package should work well enough. Most likely, you just need to specifically edit the clients.conf config file to allow access to your AP's specific WAN address.