Topic: This would be a real help - assign user a static ip based on their mac

I have Chillispot up and working in a large timeshare company.

It would be fantastic if we had the ability to assign a certain ip address to users based on either their login info or their mac info, and if it's by mac address, still be able to authenticate via radius for everyone.

In my environment (672 condo timeshare) my radius database gets user information from our pbx system (asterisk) which in turn gets guest checkin / checkout info from our reservations system via a daemon. So, guest checks in -> guest name, room number sent to asterisk -> asterisk turns phones on in room -> asterisk agi inserts login info into radcheck. User granted access to wireless. Process reversed on checkout.

My problem is that I would like to give certain mac addresses a reserved IP address for security reasons - i.e. a VP traveling from resort to resort can log in get a static IP and then the upstream Cisco router takes care of granting them access based on their IP address.

Thanks

Re: This would be a real help - assign user a static ip based on their mac

OK So I figured this out.

I can use radius to do this with a cisco router in from of the WAN interface of chillispot machine.

I also wrote a php administration front end to work with this so my tech has a web interface to get stats, enter employee users, enter comp account or xbox users, or enter denied users, and get stats and client info etc. Also wrote a shell script so the on site tech would only have to ssh to restart the daemon - and wrote a script for that too so all he has to type in is restartchilli.

My apologies for the ignorance of my two posts.

Re: This would be a real help - assign user a static ip based on their mac

If you can use radius to do that with a cisco router in from of the WAN interface of chillispot machine. then how is it?