Topic: Suggestions From All of You Regarding Hotel Wifi Setup

Hello All,
  I have 8 D-link 2100 Access Point's for one hotel giving internet access to wifi users. But this set-up is not standard set-up. So I brought Linksys 54GL router and tested it with DD-WRT, ChilliSpot, Freeradius and Mysql  and everything is working perfect for me.Now next is to implement this on hotel but main problem is existing Access Points. So for testing purpose i tried installing chillispot on fedora with 2 lan cards and freeradius which is also working fine....but its not working with AP. In Access Point i define to take IP address from DHCP (i.e.chillispot which is running on my machine).my problems/queries are below:
(1)How can i check weather AP's getting IP Address from chilli or not???
(2)Chillispot will give IP address to Access Points but what about wifi clients  means who will give IP address to clients which are connecting via Access Point as chillispot requires no other DHCP server in the network???
(3)What authentication method to be selected in access point configuration like open,shared access, wpa/eap etc. i think chillispot is going to manage authentication and accounting then is it necessary to define radius server IP address and secret in access point ???? because in AP there is one option WPA/EAP which gives me option of defining radius server.but  when i select this option then before connecting to AP it looks for secure certificates and i don't want to involve certificates in this. I just want simple setup with chillispot which i have done with Linksys.

Or another option to replace all Access Points and buy new linksys routers.
Please give me suggestion.

Thank You,

Pushpraj N

Re: Suggestions From All of You Regarding Hotel Wifi Setup

(1)How can i check weather AP's getting IP Address from chilli or not???

AP not get IP from chilli , it 's only bridge for chillispot to walk cross to client..
And please disable dhcp on wrt54gl

(2)Chillispot will give IP address to Access Points but what about wifi clients  means who will give IP address to clients which are connecting via Access Point as chillispot requires no other DHCP server in the network???

as anwser above

(3)What authentication method to be selected in access point configuration like open,shared access, wpa/eap etc. i think chillispot is going to manage authentication and accounting then is it necessary to define radius server IP address and secret in access point ???? because in AP there is one option WPA/EAP which gives me option of defining radius server.but  when i select this option then before connecting to AP it looks for secure certificates and i don't want to involve certificates in this. I just want simple setup with chillispot which i have done with Linksys.

you shoose set to open cause chillispot will security for u..

Thank you for reply. but still some points are not cleared for me.
wifi User-->>Access Point-->>ChilliSpot+Radius Server-->>ADSL Router-->>Internet

Radius server ip addr: 192.168.2.12
Access Point IP add: 192.168.1.1
wifi user IP address: 192.168.1.10
Chillispot Network: 192.168.181.0

Now when wifi user(192.168.1.10) connects to access point(192.168.1.1) then access point will forward request to chillispot(192.168.181.1)
Means i need to define chillispot ip address as a gateway in Access Point configuration. clarify me if i am wrong.
i just confused how can internet request will travel from 3 network 192.168.1.10-->>192.168.181.0-->>192.168.2.12-->>internet.

I really need some more information because i am new to chillispot.

Thank You

Radius server ip addr: 192.168.2.12
Access Point IP add: 192.168.1.1
wifi user IP address: 192.168.1.10 ==> no set , they will get from server
Chillispot Network: 192.168.181.0

Now when wifi user(192.168.1.10) connects to access point(192.168.1.1) then access point will forward request to chillispot(192.168.181.1)
Means i need to define chillispot ip address as a gateway in Access Point configuration. clarify me if i am wrong.

You are wrong
In Access point not set, just disable dhcp.
and the chilli will get all to client.

and no set ip for wifi user. the must get dhcp from chilli.

I have another question.
Can I set an IP range (192.168.1.5-192.168.1.100/24) for DHCP and set several static IPs for internal person (network administrators) who can access to the internal network (192.168.10.0/24) ?
Maybe editting any chilli conf file, or the iptables rules for telling it that if the requesting comes from any specific (static) IP let it access to the Internal LAN?
Thx in advance

no good static for chilli you may use pppoer-server.