Topic: Welcome back

happy to see that the page is online , i guess cant erecover the old forum smile

anyway i have a question : Witch version of chilli + mysql + phpmyprepaid we should use ? i mean what is the stable one and should work without errors?

for ex i have a fc3 with kernel 2.6.9-1.667 with mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.7 , chillispot 1.1.0 , and phpmyprepaid 0.4 beta 3

the radius doesnt connect to mysql ( dunno why because the sql.conf file is good ) chilli is working fine ( ip, dns, routing, etc)  phpmyprepaid doesnt work he can not create the tables into mysql

Re: Welcome back

j3j3j3j3 wrote:

happy to see that the page is online , i guess cant erecover the old forum smile

anyway i have a question : Witch version of chilli + mysql + phpmyprepaid we should use ? i mean what is the stable one and should work without errors?

for ex i have a fc3 with kernel 2.6.9-1.667 with mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.7 , chillispot 1.1.0 , and phpmyprepaid 0.4 beta 3

the radius doesnt connect to mysql ( dunno why because the sql.conf file is good ) chilli is working fine ( ip, dns, routing, etc)  phpmyprepaid doesnt work he can not create the tables into mysql

soon someone will comment on this, I am not sure if ti is a problem in the mysql tables, you might want to look at the logs of MySql when you try connecting with the radius

i installed fc6 with php 5.1.6 + mysql 5.0.22 + chilli + phpmyprepaid 04b3

and now is working with mysql , creating tables etc etc etc

only one error smile) "A Submit button was pressed but no buttonID was sent" when i try to create users
the quick print works

I have had chillispot running for over 3 years now, full MySQL Logging and Radius backend with dialup_admin.

I also have i think all source since i started using ChilliSpot.org

do we know the status of chillispot AB? is this site run by the origional team?

Would users like a VMWARE or Qemu Virtual version of chillispot on a cutdown environment?

1 - chilli, mysql, radius, apache on one virtual machine?
2 - chilli seperate - radius and other features in another virtual????

I never myself got phpMyPrepaid working myself.

Regards

Andrew Smalley - Simplywifi.co.uk

simplywifi wrote:

do we know the status of chillispot AB? is this site run by the origional team?

No, it's not the original team but we'd like to help the chillispot community and also those who are looking for information about chilli.

Hi, im building chillispot for rhel5 from the spec file, seems fine, installs ok, the setup everything, client gets to login then login with user and pass after setting up hotspotlogin.cgi then it hangs while saying 'logging in'  i notice segfaults in syslog, and no packets get to radius box, then comment out passwd option in cgi file and it accesses radius but fails coz no passwd, anybody got a working build on rhel5, or have any ideas? Shot.

its possible there is a MySQL 3.x.x or 4.x / 5.x conflict there. also have you created a root password for MySQL and tried using that in freeradius?

comandoBSD wrote:
j3j3j3j3 wrote:

soon someone will comment on this, I am not sure if ti is a problem in the mysql tables, you might want to look at the logs of MySql when you try connecting with the radius

I've done a complete rewrite of the original phpMyPrepaid.. It can generate user name and password on the fly from PayPal, includes extensive reporting functions, block users, reports for users, reports for NAS, sell bulk tickets via PayPal to agents, allow agents to sell codes from their own PayPal accounts.

I'd be happy to share the scripts with anyone that needs them. My long term plan is to provide it as a package under GPL called ChilliPal. If anyone wants to help PM me.

Regards,

Sean Bracken

http://swarmhotspots.com

I have tried your scripts but cant get the mysql tables imported

swarmspot wrote:

I've done a complete rewrite of the original phpMyPrepaid.. It can generate user name and password on the fly from PayPal, includes extensive reporting functions, block users, reports for users, reports for NAS, sell bulk tickets via PayPal to agents, allow agents to sell codes from their own PayPal accounts.

I'd be happy to share the scripts with anyone that needs them. My long term plan is to provide it as a package under GPL called ChilliPal. If anyone wants to help PM me.

Regards,

Sean Bracken

http://swarmhotspots.com